|About us:||The RCMR was established as an academic centre in the Faculty of Native Studies at the University of Alberta on April 11, 2011 to focus specifically on Métis research. The members of the RCMR Council, comprised of 10 members including faculty and students from the University of Alberta, organizational leaders from Rupertsland Institute, and individuals representing the Métis community, are responsible for the affairs of the RCMR including the setting of strategic direction, prioritizing of a research agenda, evaluating and monitoring outcomes and reviewing financial information.
|The Role:||The Board of Governors of Rupertsland Institute, an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, seeks one community-based representative to serve on the Council for the Rupertsland Centre for Métis Research (RCMR). The appointment term for this appointment is two (2) years.
Métis community-based representatives on the RCMR Council will receive reimbursement for travel as per policies approved by the Board of Governors of Rupertsland Institute.
|To Fit the Role:||Attributes and Qualifications:
• Must be an Alberta Métis resident;
• Must have a sincere interest in the role of research to enhance Métis well-being;
• Must have strong, respectful and longstanding relationships with Métis communities in Alberta;
• Must have knowledge of Métis issues in Alberta as well as the broader Canadian context;
• Must have experience working with organizations or agencies whose mandate includes a focus on Métis peoples;
• Must be committed to contribute to decisions as part of a team;
• Must be available for a minimum of 2 to 4 meetings per year;
• Must have the ability to travel to meetings in Edmonton;
• Must not hold any outstanding debt to the Métis Nation of Alberta, or have the status of bankruptcy, or have been suspended by the Métis Nation of Alberta Judiciary Council.
If interested in this appointment, please submit an application to the RLI Offices by one of the following means:
Rupertsland Institute Sun Life Financial 1-780.801.9992
10123-99 street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3H1
|Application Deadline:||Open for submissions|
|Firm/Company:||Rupertsland Centre for Métis Research|
|Application Procedure:||Submit an application consisting of: statement outlining your interest in the position, and current resume or curriculum vitae|