|About us:||Rupertsland Institute, an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, is seeking an Employment Counsellor at the Edmonton office. This position is a six-month term with potential for extension. With locations across Alberta, Rupertsland Institute develops and delivers programming and services to the Alberta Métis population in relation to the labour market and education assistance.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
|The Role:||As an Employment Counsellor with Rupertsland Institute, you will be responsible for supporting clients who require training or employment, by identifying barriers, developing case management plans and assisting them to apply for training and funding. Other duties include providing job search assistance.
Please quote EC-Central/04-2017 in the subject line of your email and within your cover letter. Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
|To Fit the Role:||• Post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work or Career Development and/or 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field;
• Knowledgeable of career assessment techniques, and career development tools and resources;
• Understanding of Alberta labour market supply and demand, trends and economic outlook;
• Ample knowledge of local resources and agencies to further assist our clientele;
• Skilled at problem solving and proven ability to apply effective counselling techniques;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Organized and demonstrates good time management;
• Strong computer skills and experience using internal databases.
|Application Procedure:||Please send your resume, including cover letter via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780.801.9992.|