Assistant Manager – Métis Training to Employment
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the Manager with the coordination and management of Métis Employment Services within an assigned geographical area, initial orientation and on-going support and mentorship of MTE staff, and reviewing quality assurance of client and financial databases. Additional duties include quality assurance on client assessments and applications for program funding, and assisting in the development and recruitment of MTE training projects within a specified geographical area.
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Assist the Manager to develop a work plan to implement regional activities for the fiscal year. This includes client and project activity, staff development, marketing programs, services and any activity specific to the Annual Operational Plan.
- Assist with hiring, providing orientation, and the development of Métis Training to Employment (MTE) staff.
- Ensure MTE services are provided to clients in a positive and effective manner. Identify problems and recommend corrective action. Monitor enquiries and investigate complaints from clients, and ensure enquiries are responded as per RLI procedure.
- Input client and project financial information into FDM. Ensure data is correct, create required amendments, prepare letters to institutions, proponents and clients when required in the absence of the program assistant.
- Assist in providing client services, client assessment and case management where there is a gap in service delivery.
- Conduct labour market analysis, and review labour market information, internal databases and other external resources; consult with employers, agencies, and MTE staff to determine specific project elements that are required for effective RLI training projects within the region.
- Liaise with training project partners, and attend partnership meetings and labour market related functions as directed by or in the absence of the Manager. Assist the Manager to determine what labour market projects should be implemented.
- Complete a monthly report consisting of MTE activities, roll up of client tracking, statistics related to targets, projects activity, updated local LMI, and community relationships and employer partnerships developed.
- Verify timesheets, and ensure sick days, overtime and vacation days are properly documented
In the absence of the manager, assume his/her responsibilities and other duties as directed by the Associate Director – MTE.
To Fit the Role
- Knowledge of Métis culture and history.
- Knowledge of the local labour market supply and demand, trends and economic outlook.
- Experience of the operations of employment service delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the barriers facing Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge of basic employment counselling techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of mentoring, coaching, motivating and performance management of staff.
- Knowledge of budgetary controls, financial accountability practices and analysis of spreadsheets.
- Strong management ability including problem solving, planning, coordinating, organization, and time-management skills.
- Proficient in internal databases, and Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook and Explorer.
- Travel as required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary training in Management, Business Administration, Human Services, Social Sciences, or 3 – 5 years related experience.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
Rupertsland Institute, Edmonton, AB
June 14, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than June 14, 2019, quoting job AM-MTE.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.