Coordinator of Marketing and Strategic Communications
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Oversee media relations, including writing and distributing news releases, respond to media inquiries as directed, and maintain a media kit.
- Oversee internal company communications, including internal announcements and training.
- Lead and manage the Rupertsland Institute’s website and social media advancement; providing updates as required, and ensure they meet the RLI policy and procedure standards for communications.
- Gain brand recognition for RLI services through strategic and consistent communication with stakeholders and potential stakeholders.
- Coordinate photography, design, film and printing for production and coordinate external contractors as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain an archive of photography and produced materials.
- Maintain regular contact with designated RLI staff to keep abreast of current activities and assist with social media updates and press releases to inform the public of RLI events across the province;
- Lead the creative development, writing, proofreading and editing of various documents including business plans, annual reports, key briefing materials, speeches and presentations, press releases, etc.
- Acquire promotional items, internal and external communications and printed materials for distribution.
- Ensure all marketing adheres to Rupertsland Institute’s brand standards, guidelines and overall strategic objectives.
- Provide presentation and graphic design services to create advertisements, and other public relations materials for print and other media.
- Create and post approved social media messages. Monitor social media accounts, respond in a timely manner, and report on statistics for social media usage.
- Assist with special events, brochure distribution and related marketing activities.
- Monitor the marketing and student recruitment budget and develop expenditure forecasts as required.
- Develop and deliver staff workshops to inform how staff fit into the RLI communication and Marketing strategies.
To Fit the Role
- Extensive knowledge of Métis culture.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in graphic design and sound knowledge of desktop publishing for in-house graphics design and production.
- Sound expertise in writing, messaging, managing and framing communication for diverse audiences.
- Solid working knowledge of social media and web technologies.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to develop and organize multi-functional plans.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and write reports for a large diverse readership base.
- Resourceful, takes initiative, and can work independently.
Education and Experience:
- A Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
Edmonton - Head Office
- Position will be based at the Rupertsland Institute, Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and travel throughout Alberta.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including – life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental & vision, as well as a generous pension plan.
October 17, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than October 17, 2019, quoting job C-MSC.
*Note – Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to limited resources we are unable to verify receipt of resumes.