Employment Counsellor – Online Services
The Employment Counsellor – Online assists Métis clients to achieve long-term sustainable employment by conducting assessments and case managing interventions. This may include assisting with job search, skill enhancement and employment maintenance strategies, and assisting clients to identify and overcome potential barriers to employment. The EC – Online advises on MNA, RLI and other applicable programs and eligibility criteria, maintains up-to-date and accurate records and client files, and liaises with clients, employers and other community organizations to promote RLI program, services and clients and to market online programming.
To Fit the Role
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work or Career Development and/or 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field;
- Knowledgeable of career assessment techniques, and career development tools and resources;
- Understanding of Alberta labour market supply and demand, trends and economic outlook;
- Ample knowledge of local resources and agencies to further assist our clientele;
- Skilled at problem solving and proven ability to apply effective counselling techniques;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organized and demonstrates good time management;
- Strong computer skills and experience using internal databases;
- In-depth knowledge of the Metis community.
- 25% travel. Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
Please send your resume, including cover letter to Attention: Kathleen Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org and start your new career today!
As an equal opportunity employer RLI welcomes applications from all interested candidates regardless of sex, gender, or disability. However, preference may be given to Indigenous applicants who demonstrate the skills and qualifications required for this position.
*Note – Please quote EC-GP in the subject line of your email and within your cover letter. Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.