Employment Counsellor – Online Services
As an Online Employment Counsellor with Rupertsland Institute, you will be responsible for assisting Métis clients to achieve long-term sustainable employment. Client interaction is completed through email, online applications and phone conversations. Clients may originate from across Alberta.
Primary duties are:
- Conduct employability assessments and case management of clients
- Assist clients to identify and overcome potential barriers to employment
- Advise on Métis Nation of Alberta, Rupertsland Institute and other applicable programs and eligibility criteria
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate records of client files
- Liaise with employers and other community organizations to promote programs, services, clients and market online programming
- Ability to develop rapport with clients through email and telephone to collect information to determine the support required.
- Assist clients to understand funding eligibility criteria and assist the client with completing funding applications.
- Enter data in databases and develop individual action plans required by Métis
- Support clients while they are completing their interventions
- Liaison with schools, instructors and internal RLI staff.
- Coach clients on job search, interviews, and assist with making informed choices with employment/education plans.
- Assist with student loan applications, scholarships, work placements, and bursaries.
- Ensure all electronic and hard copies of files are kept up to date with accurate information.
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
To Fit the Role
- Knowledge of Alberta Labour Market supply and demand, trends and economic outlook.
- Knowledge of the challenges, barriers, social and economic factors facing Aboriginal, particularly Métis clients.
- Knowledge of Métis culture and the community.
- Knowledge of education programs, institutions, and occupational requirements.
- Ability to multi task and able to set priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to apply effective counselling techniques.
- Ability to handle high caseloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and demonstrates good time and change management
- Strong computer skills and experience using internal databases, Microsoft Office software
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work, or Career Development and/or 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to travel throughout Alberta as required.
- Travel up to 10%. Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Rupertsland Institute offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a generous pension plan.
June 14, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 14, 2019, quoting job EC-Online.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.