As Finance Supervisor with RLI, your responsibilities would encompass:
- Supervision of various finance staff; provide training, leadership and support to the finance staff in areas of payroll administration, accounts payable, general ledger, and documentation filing.
- Ensure the accurate coding of invoices and payables according to appropriate budget and line items.
- Assist in the re-forecasting of expenditures as requested by the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Assist with internal and external audits including compilation of data – coach and mentor team members
- Assist in maintaining accountable purchasing and inventory control practices
- Oversee pay runs to staff and students including quality assurance to identify and correct errors.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations ensuring proper coding and back up.
- Reconcile and ensure Receiver General and Benefits payments are timely.
- Ensure that returned Student payments are corrected and re-issued.
- Ensure that T4’s for staff, students and members of the Board of Governors are accurate and mailed out.
- Provide performance feedback as needed and complete annual performance reviews for team members identifying goals for professional development.
- Cover-off other finance positions when there are absences.
To Fit the Role
- Diploma/Degree in finance or accounting.
- In the process of getting a CPA or similar designation is an asset.
- A minimum of five years in a general accounting/bookkeeping role.
- Experience in managing, coaching, and supporting staff.
- Experience in payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to create financial reports and excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the office environment and necessary tools: computer hardware and software, photocopier operation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support junior level staff.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior judgment and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated capacity to problem-solve and work as a team.
Edmonton Head Office
Please send your cover letter and resume quoting Job ID: FS-HO via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780.801.9992 and start your exciting new career today!