Job Coach/Employment Counsellor
- Screen clients for job readiness.
- Provide one-on-one and group assistance to clients seeking employment.
- Establish rapport with clients to conduct employability assessments.
- Provide referrals to an employment counsellor for clients looking to upgrade skills.
- Provide regular and consistent support to clients as they complete interventions and help resolve any issues that arise.
- Develop action plans leading to employment goals as well as assist the client to match skills to appropriate jobs.
- Case management of client files.
- Liaise with employers to determine skill requirements for available jobs.
- Liaise with communities and service agencies to recruit interested workers.
- Develop lists of resources for referring clients with barriers.
- Coach clients on job search and interview skills.
- Provide assistance in finding employment to clients who have completed an intervention.
- Document all client information, employment outcomes, interventions into the data system.
- Track clients, employers, results, and other key information.
- Actively market RLI projects and services and present information to stakeholders.
To Fit the Role
- Strong communication and assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong time management skills as well as the ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of labor market trends, supply and demand.
- Knowledge of FOIP, PIPA, other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Knowledge of education programs/institutions and occupational requirements.
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Aboriginal individuals, particularly Métis.
- Experience networking with different stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient in office software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in career development, human/social services, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ working with clients in a counselling role.
September 13, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than September 13, 2019, quoting job JCEC-SL.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.