Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Provide one-on-one and group assistance to clients seeking employment.
- Provide referrals to an employment counsellor for clients looking to upgrade skills.
- Develop action plans leading to employment goals as well as assist the client to match skills to appropriate jobs.
- Liaise with employers to determine skill requirements for available jobs.
- Liaise with communities and service agencies to recruit interested workers.
- Develop lists of resources for referring clients with barriers.
- Track clients, employers, results, and other key information.
To Fit the Role
- Strong communication and assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with assisting people with developing job search strategies that will include resume development, online job search and working with skilled unemployed who are looking for new opportunities in a difficult Labour Market.
- Knowledge of labor market trends, supply and demand.
- Knowledge of FOIP, PIPA, other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Indigenous individuals, particularly Métis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience networking with different stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient in office software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in career development, human/social services, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ in a similar role related to employment services. A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
September 13, 2019
To apply, please send your resume via email to email@example.com no later than September 13, 2019, quoting job JC-PR.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.