Marketing and Public Relations Officer
As Marketing and Public Relations Officer with Rupertsland Institute you will:
- Develop promotional items, internal and external communications and printed materials for distribution.
- Ensure all marketing adheres to Rupertsland Institute’s brand standards, guidelines and overall strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage the Rupertsland Institute’s website and social media advancement; providing updates as required. Conduct regular monitors of the webpage to ensure pertinent, accurate and current information is available, updating the webpage with fresh content as required.
- Lead the creative development, writing, proofreading and editing of various documents including business plans, annual reports, key briefing materials, speeches and presentations, press releases, etc.
- Provide presentation and graphic design services to create advertisements, and other public relations materials for print and other media.
- Respond to requests for advertising campaigns in a timely manner by selecting the most effective media for reaching a targeted audience – ensuring consistency in messaging in all communication platforms.
- Coordinate photography, design, film and printing for production and coordinate external contractors as appropriate.
- Create and post approve social media messages. Monitor social media accounts, respond in a timely manner, and report on statistics for social media usage.
- Assist with special events, brochure distribution and related marketing activities.
- Other duties as required.
To Fit the Role
- A Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated experience and skilled in graphic design and sound knowledge of desktop publishing for in-house graphics design and production.
- Sound expertise in writing, messaging, managing and framing communication for diverse audiences
- Solid working knowledge of social media and web technologies.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to develop and organize multi-functional plans.</li
- Resourceful, takes initiative, and can work independently.
- Knowledge of Métis culture is an asset.
Interested? Please send your resume, including cover letter, to attention Kathleen Tilley at email@example.com
*Note – Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to limited resources we are unable to verify receipt of resumes.