Regional Manager – Métis Training to Employment
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Regional Manager of Métis Training to Employment Services. This position will be responsible for the delivery of RLI’s regional operations in North West Alberta including Peace River, High Prairie, Slave Lake, and Grande Prairie. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting strategic goals and targets derived from the RLI Business and Annual Operational Plan. The successful candidate will have experience in leading a team, developing and implementing business plans, managing budgets, and building relationships with external stakeholders.
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Manage operational and fiscal activities of the region through effective leadership of a team to provide optimum service delivery.
- Successfully develop and implement a regional annual work plan to guide client and project services to meet the needs of Métis communities.
- Conduct quarterly analysis of regional labour market priorities and client needs as well as prepare quarterly updates and progress reports.
- Work to ensure quality assurance by monitoring client and database project files.
- Liaise with government, employers, and industry to build partnerships.
- Design and implement a regional communication plan based on knowledge of the Métis Community.
- Plan and organize standardized employment assistance services to meet the needs of the Métis community.
- Manage the project life-cycle from planning through to evaluation.
- Plan and coordinate the MTES Mobile Service Unit delivery and associated service.
To Fit the Role
- Knowledge of Métis history, culture, and issues affecting Métis people.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of North Western Alberta’s labour market supply/demand and economic trends.
- Strong budgetary background with understanding of finance principals.
- Knowledge of employment counselling methods.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills.
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences, or Human Services or a minimum of five years related experience.
- Ability to travel throughout Alberta as required.
Grande Prairie or Peace River
June 14, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than June 14, 2019, quoting job MGR_MT.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.