Summer Student – Resource Development Assistant
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a summer student to assist with resource development. This position will be responsible for assisting with transcribing and coding meeting notes, organizing meetings with community members, and researching. The ideal candidate will be someone willing to learn, has experience in Indigenous Research Methodology, and has excellent organization skills.
• Organize meetings with community members.
• Learn how to code and transcribe research.
• Transcribe and code meeting notes in agreement with current research systems.
• Research and code research resources in agreement with current research systems.
• Gather photos (archival, community, etc), with proper citations, to use in the themes.
• Organize and maintain computer drives (draft documents are consistent and available in all places).
• Update theme revision process.
To Fit the Role
• Knowledge of Métis culture and history.
• Has an understanding of Wahkohtowin, Colonialism and how it affects education.
• Experience with Indigenous research methodology (would definitely be an asset).
• Willing to share knowledge with the team.
• Eager to learn from the team.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary education or enrolled in Native Studies or Education.
• Experience in navigating Research Resource Banks (U of A Library, for example)
• Has experience working in/with Indigenous communities.
• Some experience with academic research processes (retains a respect for proper citation processes, knows how to quote resources).
June 20, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than June 21, 2019, quoting job SS – RDA.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.