Director of Internal Training & Staff Development
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Come join our team! Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Services Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Our Core Values:
- To work together in a spirit of openness, honesty, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- To continually improve the quality of programs & services and demonstrate excellence through high performance outcomes.
- To promote the ideals of self- sufficiency and self-sustainability.
- To promote and invigorate Métis culture.
- To develop collaborative, respectful, and relevant partnerships.
In this newly developed role, the Director of Internal Training & Staff Development plays an integral part in the overall success and development of RLI Team members. This role focuses on the delivery of internal training and career development for new and existing team members. The Director will design, create, and implement a multi-level training curriculum that focuses on employee growth and staff advancement within the organization.
Working closely with the Operational Team, the Director will identify capacity building needs, training gaps and professional development to provide teaching materials that increase organizational capacity and effectiveness. This position requires an innovative leader, that can engage cross-functional teams of varying personalities to achieve a common vision and core values.
To Fit the Role
- Develop comprehensive multi- tiered training curriculum that allows for staff to continually advance their training, skills, and growth within RLI; Create training plan to ensure appropriate training is available to staff as required
- Collaborate with training department to develop and update an internal training Moodle site; Launch module based training guides and lessons to all staff via Moodle platform
- Develop and implement tracking system that identifies training gaps & needs to guide service delivery, quality assurance and performance management of METI-Services (Métis Education, Training & Information Services) staff
- Follow and update tracking system in collaboration with supervisors to ensure training is supported, delivered, acknowledged and evaluated in accordance with staff needs
- Oversee the development and internal training delivery for RLI software systems such as KETO database, Financial Data Manager (FDM), Online Application System (OAS) and other METI-Services programming
- Continuously updating learning manuals, user guides, technical guides, and all other training documents
- Work with Human Resources and Management Teams to identify capacity building needs; Identify individualized needs for additional training supports
- Teach service delivery staff (both in-person and virtually) using lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, seminars, and case studies
- Find meaningful ways to articulate and meet learning and development needs
- Lead a team of strong program trainers & facilitators to coach and support staff development
- Additional duties may be required as role develops
- Travel as required
Rupertsland Institute - Edmonton
- Proven experience organizing training programs and designing educational curriculum
- Knowledge of training design and delivery, specifically adult education, instructional design, and program delivery
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Familiar with Moodle Training platform
- Desire to contribute and build upon a collaborative team culture; Commitment to supporting continuous personal development and training
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern teaching training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning, case studies, coaching etc.)
- Collaborative and proven ability to build relationships across an organization to align goals and objectives
- Exceptional verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people, deliver results through others as well as coaching and mentoring team members
- Able to handle multiple tasks quickly and accurately
- Maintaining attention to detail
- Goal orientated and ability to work to deadlines
Education and Experience
- Post- Secondary Education in learning & career development, human services, higher education administration, or instructional design
- 5+ years of working experience as a Training & Development Director, Curriculum Developer, Operations Manager, Learning & Development Specialist or similar capacity
- Experienced organizing training activities within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Indigenous individuals, particularly Métis
Until a suitable candidate is found
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan including life insurance, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental and vision
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Director- ITSD in the subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.