Position Status: Temporary, Full Time (40 hours/week) until August 2024, with a possibility of extension
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Service Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Reporting to the Finance Supervisor, the Finance Clerk is responsible for the accurate coding of invoices and payables, reconciliations, supporting and processing payroll, T4’s and other activities in support of Corporate Finance, as directed.
To Fit the Role
- Supports and prepares accounts payable, student allowances and tuition payments
- Responsible for bank reconciliation and bank deposits
- Processes EFT, vendor and travel claim payments
- Review and confirm status of purchase orders
- Prepares Invoices for coding, complete coding & add new vendors into accounting software to create payment file
- accounts payable filing and recording cheques
- Responsible for the maintenance of bank returned student payments and proper reissuance
- Full cycle cheque processing, including booking, signing, mailing and sending out files
- Administrative and Front Office Reception support as needed
- Occasional travel as required
- Other duties as required
Rupertsland Institute Head Office Edmonton
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in a financial role involving accounts payable/receivable and/or bookkeeping. Previous experience in a non-profit environment is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of current financial administration regulations, legislation and other standard requirements as may be set out in financial arrangements with RLI
- Ability to create financial reports and spreadsheets
- Proven planning and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Proficient in Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and interact with all departments
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
Until suitable candidate is found
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting ‘Finance Clerk’ in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.