Industry Relations Liaison
Position Status: Full Time (40 hours/week), until March 2023 with a possibility of extension
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 11 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Industry Relations will perform a range of duties associated with Métis Training to Employment’s strategic employment and training partnerships and collaboration with local employers, industries, networks, and unions by increasing employment and training opportunities within Albert Métis.
To Fit the Role
- Researches opportunities for strategic partnership, development strategies and work plans across Alberta;
- Develops and Impements an ongoing strategy for the identification of prospecting and stewardship of external partners, that will lead to employment and training opportunities;
- Identifies employers, unions and and professional bodies and manages the participation of industry partners in the proposal preparation process, to aid in leveraging industry-sponsored funding and helping to cultivate and secure appropriate partnership agreements and employment and training opportunities;
- Markets the Employer Partnership Program to industry and organizations focused on closing the labour market gap in specific occupations;
- Plans for and develops strategic collaborative relationships with local and provincial employers, industry, and provincial organizations to increase employment opportunities for Alberta Métis;
- Analyzes, evaluates and interprets collected information to target the most suitable partner or collaborating employers that support RLI MTE programs and organizational goals;
- Identify research programs or project opportunities and bring industry participants onboard as partners and plans occosaional events to bring industry partners together;
- Researches and compiles labour market research to support the regional manager’s activities.
- Collaborates with the Regional Team Services and Employment Services team to identify specific outreach and partnership needs and employment opportunities;
- Collaborates in the coordination of job-development activities of Regional MTE Staff
- Acts as a liaison between RLI MTE team and employers to market METI Service job-seeking clients to employers and facilitate onboarding of MTE clients when required;
- Encourages and engage employers to provide industry- and occupation-specific input and expertise into the programs, projects and to develop orientation opportunities (e.g., workplace tours, Q&A, or networking sessions), acting as a liaison between employers and MTE Regional staff;
- Provides a leadership role in developing and acquiring a Job Seeker/ Employer Match database;
- Travels as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Rupertsland Institute Edmonton or Calgary, Head Office (Remote work during COVID-19)
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience with demonstrated success in meeting targets, developing strategic collaboration and partnership opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, Business Managment or a related field is an asset, or equivalent post-secondary training and related experience will be considered;
- Confident communicator with demonstrated skills in building and maintaining business relationships;
- Strong presentation skills using various tools and formats, in-person and online;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and collaboration skills;
- Proficient in internal databases, and Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of the barriers facing Métis people;
- Experience in project management and/or coordination of activities;
- Strong knowledge of Alberta industry sectors and the local labour market, established industry contacts considered an asset;
- Understanding of unionized environments;
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
March 4, 2023
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com by March 4, 2023, quoting “Industry Relations Liaison” in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.