Industry Relations Liaison
Position Status: Full Time (40 hours/week), until March 2024 with a possibility of extension
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Service Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Industry Relations will perform a range of duties associated with Métis Training to Employment’s strategic employment and training partnerships and collaboration with local employers, industries, networks, and unions by increasing employment and training opportunities within Alberta Métis.
To Fit the Role
- Develops and Implements an ongoing strategy for the identification of prospecting and stewardship of external partners, that will lead to employment and training opportunities;
- Identifies employers, unions, and professional network/bodies in target sectors for partnership, and employment and training opportunities
- Serve as a primary contact for corporate inquiries regarding research partnerships, start-up business opportunities, access to research centres, institutes and programs, connections to faculty expertise, facilities and equipment, networking events, as well as other activities and programs that respond to corporate needs and interests.
- Identify and manage the participation of industry partners in the proposal preparation process, to aid in leveraging industry-sponsored funding and helping to cultivate and secure appropriate partnership agreements.
- Study, monitor, and keep up to date with market and research developments, new agencies, new government programs, and other relevant areas.
- Plan, manage, and promote occasional events to bring industry partners and researchers together.
- Identify research programs or project opportunities and bring industry participants onboard as partners.
- Cultivate an awareness of federal and provincial government granting programs, in particular those that require industry participation.
- Researches opportunities for strategic partnership, development strategies and work plans across Alberta.
- Researches and compiles labour market research to support the regional manager’s activities.
- Plans for and develops strategic collaborative relationships with local and provincial employers, industry, and provincial organizations to increase employment opportunities for Alberta Métis,
- Analyzes, evaluates and interprets collected information to target the most suitable partner or collaborating employers that support RLI MTE programs and organizational goals.
- Collaborates with the Regional Team Services and Employment Services team to identify specific outreach and partnership needs and employment opportunities.
- Collaborates in the coordination of job-development activities of Regional MTE Staff
- Acts as a liaison between RLI MTE team and employers to market METI Service job-seeking clients to employers and facilitate onboarding of MTE clients when required.
- Markets the Employer Partnership Program to industry and organizations focused on closing the labour market gap in specific occupations.
- Encourages and engage employers to provide industry- and occupation-specific input and expertise into the programs, projects and to develop orientation opportunities (e.g., workplace tours, Q&A, or networking sessions), acting as a liaison between employers and MTE Regional staff
- Provides a leadership role in developing and acquiring a Job Seeker/ Employer Match database.
- Travels as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rupertsland Institute Edmonton
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business, public relations, and project management with demonstrated success in meeting targets, developing strategic collaboration and partnership opportunities.
- Confident and persuasive communicator with demonstrated skills in building and maintaining business relationships.
- Strong presentation skills using various tools and formats, in-person and online.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Proficient in internal databases, and Microsoft Office software.
- Above average knowledge of the barriers facing Métis people.
- Experience in project management and/or coordination of activities.
- Extensive knowledge of Alberta industry sectors and the local labour market. Established industry contacts are an asset.
- An understanding of unionized environments.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘IRL – Edmonton’ in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.