Position Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Services Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Job Coach located in the Red Deer Office. The Job Coach links Métis clients to jobs and provides support to assist them in developing job search strategies. This position includes working with clients to assess transferable skills and develop action plans to lead to employment or training. The Job Coach networks with employers and organizations to support unemployed Métis to connect with potential employment opportunities.
To Fit the Role
- Provide one-on-one and group assistance to clients who are seeking employment.
- Provide referrals to an employment counsellor for clients looking to enhance skills.
- Develop action plans leading to employment goals and assist the client to match their skills to appropriate jobs.
- Liaise with employers to determine skill requirements for available jobs.
- Liaise with communities and service agencies to recruit interested workers.
- Develop lists of resources for referring clients with barriers.
- Track clients, employers, results, and other key information.
- Strong oral and written communication and assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience assisting people with developing job search strategies that include: resume development, online job search, and working with skilled unemployed job seekers who are
- looking for new opportunities in a difficult Labour Market.
- Knowledge of Labour Market trends, supply and demand.
- Knowledge of FOIP, PIPA, other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Indigenous individuals, particularly Métis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience networking with different stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient in office software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office).
METI-Service Centre, Red Deer
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Career Development, Human Services, Social Services, Native Studies, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role related to employment services. A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan including: life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental and vision
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
Until a Suitable Candidate is found
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting competition no. JC-RED DEER.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.