Manager – Regional Team Services
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week), 1 position available
- Conducts labour market analysis, consults with internal and external dbases, RLI staff and stakeholders to determine clients training and employment needs;
- Develops and negotiates contribution agreements, budgets and other documents to ensure compliance with the AMETS’ performance measures and established RLI procedures;
- Manages all stages of the project life cycle;
- Collaborates in the development and operationalization of new programs and services resulting from the RLI strategic priorities, particularly Shaping Institutional Development;
- Ensures that the project chapter of the MTE P&P is developed and that it includes updating new forms;
- Manages client services, project budget allocation utilizing FDM and monthly finance reports to track year-to-date payments and commitments, ensure applicable expenses are within budget, and implement carry forward activities as needed;
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, develops and implement a work plan to deliver provincial projects. The work plan includes a detailed list of goals and targets to be met in traditional and non-traditional identified areas of the labour market;
- Prepares quarterly updates and progress reports based on the provincial projects annual work plan. An annual roll up of these activities at fiscal year-end;
- Travels as required and assume other responsibilities as operations require and/or as assigned by senior management.
To Fit the Role
- Knowledge of Métis culture and barriers to sustainable employment.
- Extensive experience in administration at a manager’s level.
- Excellent understanding of administration and analysis of financial spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of commonly used office software packages.
- Good understanding of employment counselling methods and of the dynamics involved in dealing with clients who present multiple barriers to employment.
- A solid understanding of labour market occupations, trends, short and long term economic and employment outlook.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate and retain staff.
- Able to travel extensively.
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Indigenous individuals, particularly Métis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience networking with different stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient in office software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary training in Management or Social Sciences.
- Minimum two years’ in a similar role. A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- A competitive salary,
- A comprehensive benefits plan including – life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental & vision,
- Employer matching pension plan,
- Culturally rich working environment,
- Continuous learning opportunities,
- And other perks!
March 11, 2020
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 11, 2020, quoting job MRTS-EDM.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.