Position Status: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
The METI-S Advisor (Employment Counsellor) in Bonnyville assists Métis clients to achieve long-term sustainable employment by conducting employment assessments and case managing interventions. This may include assisting with job search, career decision making, skill enhancement and employment maintenance strategies to identify and overcome potential barriers to employment. The EC advises on eligibility criteria for METIS and other applicable programs, maintains accurate and up-to-date records and client files, and liaises with clients, employers, and other community organizations to promote RLI programs and services.
To Fit the Role
- Establish rapport with clients to conduct an employability assessment to determine strengths, needs, barriers, employment issues and goals. Review programs and range of RLI services and assistance available
- Describe the eligibility criteria for the options suitable for the client’s employment goal and assess the client’s eligibility. Outline applicable funding options including RLI funding, student finance, relevant bursaries and scholarships, and EI Counsel to Leave Employment. Assist the client with funding applications
- Review labour market information and assist clients to conduct occupational research that identifies and clarifies a suitable career goal
- Provide regular and consistent support to clients as they complete an intervention(s). Liaise with institutions, social workers, and METIS staff
- Enter all data in the Client Database following the steps required in KETO Manual, including employability assessment, and identified needs in job search and maintenance, skill enhancement, career decision making, the client’s short and long-term career goals, barriers, and steps in the action plan
- Document all client information, employment outcomes, interventions, comments, and other pertinent information into data system
- Case management and supporting clients as they complete intervention
- Actively market RLI projects and services, and present information to various stakeholders as required
- Provide services through the Mobile MES to other communities in the region
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Career Development, Humanities, Social Services, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years working with clients in a counselling capacity, or similar role related to employment services
- Must be located in Bonnyville, or in close proximity to commute to the Bonnyville office
- Must be willing to work in an office environment full time
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social/economic factors facing Indigenous individuals
- Knowledge of Métis culture, community, and history
- Experience or exposure networking with industry, employers, and community partners
- Knowledge of Labour Market trends and supply and demand
- Understanding of FOIP, PIPA, and other applicable legislation
- Ability to multi-task, work under minimal supervision, demonstrate excellent time and change management skills, and ability to deal deescalate stressful situations
- Demonstrate genuine interest and respect for people from all walks of life
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
Until Suitable Applicant is Found
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting ‘EC-Bonnyville’ in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.