Program Assistant – Summer Student
Position Status: Full Time (35 hours/week), Temporary until August 25, 2023
Due to funding requirements, this position is currently only available to Métis students.
(Citizens of the Métis Nation of Alberta) Candidates must be between the ages of 17 to 30.
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is hiring one (1) Summer Student – Program Assistant to work out of our Bonnyville Métis Education Training and Information Services (METIS) Centre. The Program Assistant will carry out administrative clerical and advisor duties as assigned. Primary duties include:
- Field telephone calls and collect messages for METI-Services staff; Provide over the phone assistance to clients and provide information on programs & services
- Greet and direct office visitors and clients
- Maintain filing system; create files for new clients, file new and old files correctly, archive old client files for safe storage as per RLI procedures. Ensure client confidentiality is maintained and files are secure at all times.
- Process new applications for post-secondary education (PSE) funding
- Handle incoming/ outgoing mail
- Continuous maintenance and organization of office file room
- Data Entry; Entering client information into internal KETO database
- Assisting walk-in visitors with computer assistance and completing registration documents
- Attend community events and career fairs
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Fit the Role
- Due to funding requirements, this position is open to Métis students (Citizens of the Métis Nation of Alberta)
- Due to funding requirements, candidates must be between the ages of 17-30 and enrolled in a full-time post- secondary program, returning to school.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of Métis culture, community, and history.
- Understanding of FOIP, PIPA, and other applicable legislation.
- Ability to multitask, work under minimal supervision, demonstrate excellent time and change management skills, and strong interpersonal skills to deescalate stressful situations.
- A demonstrated genuine interest and respect for people from all walks of life.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Teams, Excel, etc.)
- Able to work flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends if required
Bonnyville METI-Service Centre
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting: ‘SS-PA” in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.