Project Officer – Apprenticeship Services Program
Position Status: Temporary Full- Time (40 hours/week), until March 2024 with a possibility of extension
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Service Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
The Project Officer will oversee and handle the operational aspects of the Apprenticeship Services Program (ASP) and will serve as a liaison among project management, planning and the project team.
To Fit the Role
- Identify ASP project needs and develop a detailed timeline for completion
- Monitor expenditures and create detailed reports for management
- Keep track of the project’s progress and ensure its completion before deadline; Working within budget constraints
- Assist in the design of the projects management plan, complete with deliverables, scheduling, time, cost and resources requir Regularly help measure and monitor project progress to identify variances from the plan
- Build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives displaying a confident and optimistic attitude about the project
- Conduct quality assurance on small and medium enterprise (SME) applications and contribution agreements
- Define the nature and scope of the project to meet the business needs
- Deliver the physical project deliverables to the clients
- Identify and resolve obstacles to completing project on time
- Adhere to internal and external quality standards
- Monitor and report on the status of the project including cost, timing, and Help monitor project performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Contribute to ensure project results meet requirements in regard to technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Ability to handle communications with multiple stakeholders and pursue action items to be completed in a timely manner
- Travel as required
- Other duties as required
Rupertsland Institute, Edmonton (RCAL)
- Minimum of four (4) years of Administrative Experience or education within a related Business Administration field
- Broad in-depth knowledge of business organizations, processes, organizational design, change management, business systems and procedures
- Knowledge of Métis history, culture, and issues affecting Métis people.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to conduct financial analysis/ program budget/ forecasting
- Ability to diagnose opportunities quickly and maximize all resources to impact change
Until suitable candidate is found
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition ‘Project Officer- ASP’ in the subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.