Manager – Early Learning and Program Development
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Manager – Early Learning and Program Development in the Edmonton Head Office. TheManager is responsible for, drafting an Early Learning program proposal for review and approval by the RLI Board. The Manager is responsible for developing the RLI EL plan and ensuring competency for delivery in the MNA ELCC centers. Also the EL Manager, will assist the director in preparing and presenting annual work plans as required and drafting interval reports. The manager will develop a plan for EL based on community consultation and develop appropriate curriculum and training programs and support the delivery of the overall EL plan.
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
- Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the RLI ELCC program through effective leadership by directing, coaching, and motivating staff to provide optimum service delivery;
- Oversees daily activities and prepares plans and budgets for approval;
- Ensures compliance with early childhood program
- Ensure compliance with early childhood program policies and resolves conflicts between staff and parents;
- Develops and implement a consultation and program development work plan;
- Liaises with consultants, MNA ELCC employees and other stakeholders to ensure effective program delivery in the centres;
- Prepares quarterly updates and progress reports based on the provincial projects annual work plan;
- Reviews monthly reports and works with Associate Directors of Training and Staff Development, and Finance and Corporate Services;
- Travels as required throughout the province, some out of province may be required;
- Assumes other responsibilities as required.
To Fit the Role
- Excellent understanding of administration and analysis of financial spreadsheets at a manager’s level.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of commonly used office software packages (Microsoft).
- Good understanding of employment counselling methods and of the dynamics involved in dealing with clients who present multiple barriers to employment.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate and retain staff.
- Ability to negotiate with outside stakeholders.
- Able to travel extensively.
- Attentive to details.
- Excellent at planning and organizing skills.
- Highly diplomatic and passionate about their work.
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions.
- Excellent at written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in childhood education, educational leadership, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ in a similar role related to childhood education. A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Rupertsland Institute Head Office, Edmonton, AB
December 11, 2019
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than December 11, 2019, quoting job ELC-Manager.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.