Position Status: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Job Coach located in the Edmonton office. The “Job Coach” links Métis clients to jobs and provides support to assist them in developing job search strategies. This position includes working with clients to assessing transferable skills and develop action plans to lead to employment or training. The Job Coach networks with employers and organization to support unemployed Metis to connect with potential employment opportunities.
To Fit the Role
- Provide one-on-one and group assistance to clients seeking employment.
- Provide referrals to an employment counsellor for clients looking to upgrade skills.
- Develop action plans leading to employment goals as well as assist the client to match skills to appropriate jobs.
- Liaise with employers to determine skill requirements for available jobs.
- Liaise with communities and service agencies to recruit interested workers.
- Develop lists of resources for referring clients with barriers.
- Track clients, employers, results, and other key information.
- Strong communication and assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with assisting people with developing job search strategies that will include resume development, online job search and working with skilled unemployed who are looking for new opportunities in a difficult Labour Market.
- Knowledge of labor market trends, supply and demand.
- Knowledge of FOIP, PIPA, other relevant legislation.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Knowledge of challenges, barriers, and social and economic factors facing Indigenous individuals, particularly Métis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience networking with different stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient in office software applications.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in career development, human/social services, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role related to employment services. A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
METIS Central Office, Edmonton, AB (Remote work during COVID-19)
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan including – life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental & vision
- Employer matching pension plan
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
May 20, 2022
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 20, 2022, quoting job JC-EDM.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.