Junior Software Developer
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 11 METIS centres, a Corporate Head Office in Edmonton, and two mobile service units; RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Reporting to the Senior Systems Analyst, the Junior Software Developer is responsible for the day-to-day support of Rupertsland Institute’s line of business software. The Junior Software Developer is responsible for supporting the Senior Systems Analyst with troubleshooting on Rupertsland’s KETO and Financial Data Manager programs, and Rupertsland’s other online platforms. Rupertsland has a proprietary in-house software that we use throughout our organization; this position will aid in software support, as opposed to hardware or networking support.
To Fit the Role
- Support the Senior Systems Analyst with troubleshooting RLI’s line-of-business applications and other online platforms.
- Assist with modifying code for RLI’s various line-of-business applications.
- Assist with implementing changes to system software, including testing updates in test infrastructure. Uphold, maintain, and resolve software issues that come through RLI’s internal support email system.
- Resolve routine problems or forward requests to the Senior Systems Analyst to restore services and minimize disruption to business operations and workflow.
- Ensure timely recording, tracking, escalation, and resolution of end-user technical problems and requirements.
- Support accurate IT reporting by logging requests, issues, and changes to the IT system.
- Assist with onboarding and managing staff in various RLI line-of-business applications.
- Assist the Senior Systems Analyst with other IT-related tasks as required.
Rupertsland Institute Head Office, Edmonton, AB (Remote work during COVID-19)
- Minimum of two (2) years of IT, technical support, or Help Desk support experience. A recent graduate from a related program would be considered with some practicum experience.
- Certificate, Diploma, or Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences is required.
- A desire to aid in software support (as opposed to hardware or networking support).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider is an asset.
- Must be located in Edmonton, or in close proximity to commute to the Edmonton, AB office.
- Demonstrated software knowledge is required.
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong customer service and communications skills to support non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of Métis culture, community, and history. Experience working with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Ability and knowledge to assist non-technical staff with the use of technology, devices, and in the use of various software applications.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills. Able to provide creative ideas to support RLI’s corporate business plan.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
May 25, 2021
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2021 quoting ‘Junior Software Developer’ in your email subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.