All applicants interested in attending RLI-funded training must meet the eligibility criteria and must apply for assistance a minimum of 30 days prior to the training start date. Please note that often RLI programs and projects have specific eligibility criteria in addition to the general eligibility criteria.
General eligibility criteria:
- Be of Métis ancestry and provide one of the following documents:
- A current Métis Nation of Alberta membership card; or
- A current Métis Nation of Alberta membership card from a parent, sibling or grandparent; or
- A valid membership card from Métis Nation British Columbia, Métis Nation Saskatchewan, Manitoba Métis Federation or Métis Nation Ontario; or
- A copy of a verifiable genealogical profile showing Métis ancestry and linkage to the Métis Nation homeland, or
- A detailed written description detailing the reason(s) for claiming Métis identity and from where the Métis heritage descends.
- Declare that the applicant’s name will not appear on the Government of Canada’s Indian Registry and/or band list pursuant to the Indian Act;
- Have established Alberta residency and provide proof of Alberta residency;
- Have a barrier to employment and demonstrate a need for training or retraining;
- Be willing and able to complete the training requested;
- Show that training or retraining will lead directly to employment with an average or above average industry demand.
Note: Rupertsland Institute will provide a maximum of $8,500 for training costs (tuition, fees, books and equipment). This is in addition to a weekly training allowance, if eligible.
Questions? Call 1-888-48-MÉTIS (1-888-486-3847)