Human Resource Coordinator
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs per week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Human Resources Coordinator to assist with the administration of day-to-day operations of the human resources functions. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: new employee onboarding, benefits administration, full cycle recruitment, liaison with service providers, and employee relations programs.
To Fit the Role
- Delivers full recruitment services including job postings, sourcing, interviewing, reference checks and employee offers (excluding senior level positions).
- Provide HR updates to payroll as required (i.e. new starts, terminations, salary or benefit changes).
- Manage and administer employee benefit plans and respond to enquiries.
- Maintain employee data base.
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system.
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Draft memoranda, correspondence, reports, and other employment documentation.
- Upload all employee performance reviews and assist with the tracking of performance reviews being completed.
- Stay abreast on compliance requirements and industry best practices; recommend changes or modifications to existing policies and programs to remain in compliance; and adopt best practices where feasible.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of Métis culture and history;
- Ability to make decisions based on sound HR practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Ability to work individually, as well as, part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret legislation.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient in office software applications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple priorities at all times.
Education and Experience
- College diploma required or post-Secondary education in Human Resource management preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in an HR Support position is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional levels of professionalism, diplomacy, tact, and understanding of confidentiality.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability; experience with organizational change.
- A proven track record of building collaborative partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to ethical standards for Human Resources professionals by modeling appropriate behavior to balance the interests of all stakeholders.
Rupertsland Institute Head Office, Edmonton, AB
- A competitive salary,
- A comprehensive benefits plan including – life insurance, disability, critical illness, 100% coverage on prescriptions, dental & vision,
- Employer matching pension plan,
- Culturally rich working environment,
- Continuous learning opportunities,
- And other perks!
May 13, 2022
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com no later than May 13th, 2022, quoting job Human Resource Coordinator.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.