METIS Assistant Regional Manager
Position Status: Full Time (40 hours/week) – One (1) year contract with possibility to be permanent
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 11 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting an Assistant Regional Manager in Calgary, AB. Working within Métis Education Training and Information Services (METIS), the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with the coordination and management of Métis Employment Services within an assigned geographical area, initial orientation, ongoing support and mentorship of staff, and reviewing quality assurance of client files and databases.
- Assist the Regional Manager to develop a workplan to implement regional activities for the fiscal year, which aligns with and supports the organization’s strategic goals. This includes supporting staff, marketing programs, services, and any activity specific to the Annual Operational Plan.
- Assist in hiring, providing orientation, and the development of METIS staff. Mentor and coach staff and provide ongoing staff evaluation.
- Ensure services are provided to clients in a positive and effective manner. Identify problems and recommend corrective action. Monitor enquiries and investigate complaints from clients, and ensure enquiries are responded as per RLI procedures.
- Input client hardcopy information into the Financial Data Manager (FDM) and provide feedback to Counsellors/Advisors on file assessments. Ensure case management procedures as identified in the METIS procedure manual are met, and outcomes are reported. Provide quality assurance on training requests to ensure appropriate interventions are selected according to RLI and METIS procedures.
- Assist the manager with inputting client and project financial information into FDM. Ensure that data input is correct. As required, create amendments, prepare letters to institutions, proponents, and clients. Utilize proprietary tools to track financial payments for clients and projects, compile reports detailing financial commitments, and review payment dates are appropriate for each quarter and year-end. Forecast quarterly to track the region’s progress against the approved budget.
- Track errors and data integrity issues. Provide feedback to staff when there are errors, and ensure all corrections are made prior to quarterly client information uploads.
- Assist the Regional Manager in determining which labour market training projects should be implemented.
- Verify staff timesheets, and ensure sick days, overtime and vacation days are properly documented. Liaise with the Human Resources Department to ensure RLI staff policies are followed.
- Reassign staff workload.
- Other duties as required.
To Fit the Role
- Post-Secondary Education in Management, Business Administration, Human Services, Social Sciences, or equivalent training.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of financial experience (entering payments, reviewing invoices, budgetary control, analysis of spreadsheets, etc.)
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications, such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and commonly used databases.
- Experience of the operations of employment service delivery is an asset.
- Excellent leadership skills, with proven ability to coach, motivate, and provide feedback to staff in a respectful and positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, collaboration, and professional communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the local labour market supply and demand and economic trends.
- Professional writing skills to prepare reports, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Métis culture, history, and community – involvement in the Métis Community is considered a strong asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for travel.
- Ability to provide a clear Criminal Record check.
Calgary, Alberta (Currently remote during the COVID-19 Pandemic)
January 26, 2021
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2021 quoting competition AM-South in the subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.