Métis Early Learning Education and Childcare Training (ELECT) Program Manager
Position Status: Full Time (40 hours/week) – One (1) year contract with possibility for permanent
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 11 METIS centres, a Corporate Head Office in Edmonton, and two mobile service units; RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is recruiting a specialist with both knowledge and practical experience providing early learning education and/or high-quality childcare to Métis children. The successful candidate will be a confident communicator. Reporting to the Director – Education and Lifelong Learning, the Métis Early Learning Education and Childcare Training (ELECT) Program Manager will engage the Métis community, their professional peers, and other education and lifelong learning stakeholders. The engagement goals are utilized in various formats ranging from one-on-one meetings to facilitated focus groups, and they will be expected to report on said engagement. The Métis ELECT Program Manager will be responsible for translating the engagement findings, and threading existing RLI Training developments, into RLI’s Métis ELECT Program. Finally, the Métis ELECT Program Manager will carry out an approved validation process to enable the offering of the Métis ELECT Program to early learning educators and childcare providers.
To Fit the Role
The candidate will:
- Collect information from community members.
- Prepare a list of 12 area specialists/consultants.
- Attend orientation and required specialized training.
- Participate as a member of the Instructional Design Team.
- Prepare claim forms for participating community members.
- Conduct interviews with participating community members.
- Supervise four ELECT Program Resource and Content Developers.
- Métis Language; Numeracy; Literacy; Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.
- Prepare a list of eight community members to validate the ELECT Program.
- Record authorization from interviewees indicating their approval of the final product.
- Other duties as required.
Able to work remotely – available throughout Alberta
RLI is looking for a self-starting professional who is grounded in their lived experiences with Métis early learners in Alberta. With the online focus, RLI is looking for a professional who is interested in furthering their experience in a collaborative way, through a community-based approach. This position requires extensive one-on-one and small-group communication, both virtually and outdoors when/where permitted. Basic understanding of technology is essential. Respectful communication abilities are a must.
- Knowledge about Early Learning and/or Childcare policies and legislation in Alberta.
- Willingness to learn – we are lifelong learners at RLI.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends (organized in advance).
- Must possess an Education Degree, or equivalent, AND at least two years of administration experience.
- Excellent leadership skills and conducts oneself in a respectful and positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, collaboration, and professional communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Professional writing skills to prepare reports, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Métis culture, history, and community – involvement in the Métis Community is considered a strong asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for travel.
- Able to travel throughout the province.
- Must reside in the province of Alberta.
- Ability to provide a clear Criminal Record check.
May 20, 2021
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2021 quoting competition ELECT in the subject line.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.