Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Assistant Manager
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta, and has a triple mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 employment services centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 100,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: “A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation.”
The RLI Mission is: “To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research.”
Rupertsland Institute is recruiting for a Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Assistant Manager. The Post-Secondary Education (PSE) Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Online Services with the coordination and management of PSE Online Services, with initial orientation and ongoing support and mentorship of PSE frontline staff. In addition, the PSE Assistant Manager is responsible for reviewing quality assurance of client and financial databases. Additional duties include quality assurance on student assessments and applications for program funding.
- Assist the Director of Online Services to develop a workplan to implement activities for the fiscal year. This includes student activities, making recommendations for staff development, services and any activity specific to the PSE Annual Operational Plan.
- Assist with hiring, providing orientation, and assist the Director of Online Services with development of PSE staff. Mentor and coach staff and provide ongoing staff evaluation.
- Input student hardcopy into Financial Data Manager and provide feedback to Advisors on file assessments. Ensure case management procedures as identified in the PSE procedures are met and outcomes are reported.
- Provide quality assurance on PSE applications to ensure appropriate interventions are selected according to RLI PSE procedures.
- Work closely with the PSE Quality Assurance Assistant to ensure data is correct, create required amendments, prepare letters to institutions, proponents, and students.
- Utilize the database to track financial payments for students, assist the Director of Online Services to compile reports detailing financial commitments, and review payment dates are appropriate for each quarter and year end.
- Check KETO errors and data integrity issues. Provide feedback to staff when errors occur. Ensure all corrections are made to KETO data prior to the upload before the end of a quarter.
- Assist in providing student services, student assessment, and case management where there is a gap in service delivery.
- Maintain the schedule of the PSE Advisor team. Verify timesheets, and ensure sick days, overtime, and vacation days are properly documented.
- Liaise with the Director of Human Resources and Staff Development to ensure RLI staff policies are followed in the PSE department.
- Using the Online Application System, delegate flow of workload to staff.
- Travel as required.
To Fit the Role
- Excellent written, verbal, and active-listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the barriers facing Metis people; knowledge of Metis history and culture.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to travel on short notice.
- Knowledge of mentoring, coaching, motivating, and performance management of staff.
- Excellent professional writing skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, diverse environments.
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to handle difficult and/or stressful situations with students of staff; excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, discretion, and leadership when working with sensitive material.
- Proficient in commonly used office software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Explorer.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education in Management, Business Administration, Human Services, Social Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Two years of supervisory and/or assistant management experience.
Rupertsland Institute Offers:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matching pension plan
- Generous flex days and vacation time
- Culturally rich working environment
- Continuous learning opportunities
- And other perks!
Rupertsland Institute Head Office, Edmonton, AB (Remote work during COVID-19)
August 14, 2020
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 18, 2020, quoting competition no. PSE-AM.
Rupertsland Institute thanks all applicants for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.