Heavy Equipment Operator
Métis candidates receive training to operate heavy equipment, get the required safety tickets and personal protective equipment (PPE). Training topics include:
- Excavators, dozers, graders and more
- Simulations and hands-on experience
- Construction Safety (CSTS)
- Roadbuilders Safety (RSTS)
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Educational Grade 10 equivalency including English 10-1 or 10-2, Math 10 or Math 13 or Math 10C or Math 10-3 or Math 10 (Applied or Pure) and Science 10 or Science 14
- or CAAT C testing (Reading, Comprehensive, Math (numbers, problem solving), Mechanical Reasoning (spelling or language) with a Stanine of 4 or better in each area.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license or equivalent. Program area interview.
Accommodation is available
For more information call the Bonnyville or Lac La Biche of offices at 1.888.48.MÉTIS (1.888.486.3847)