Join the Apprenticeship Service Program today to connect with apprentices across Alberta. Through the Apprenticeship Service Program, you can sponsor up to two (2) first-year apprentices per year who are eager to work, learn and grow within your organization.
With the support of the Employment and Social Development Canada, eligible employers will receive $10,000 in funding for each sponsored first-year apprentice who self-identify as Indigenous (Métis, First Nations, Inuit) and/or women (gender).
Joining the Apprenticeship Service Program is a great way to expand your talent pool with ambitious and educated apprentices who are looking to gain hands-on experience in their trade.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Apprenticeship Service Program?
To participate in the Apprenticeship Service Program, organizations must meet the SME definition and commit to the criteria outlined below.
- Applicants must be a SME. SME stands for “small-medium enterprise”. SMEs are businesses that have less than 500 employees.
Classifications of SMEs
- Micro – 1 to 4 employees
- Small – 5 to 99 employees
- Medium – 100 to 499 employees
- Applicants must agree to only access the program from any provider to sponsor up to two apprentices per fiscal year.
- Applicants must commit to providing a safe and harassment-free work environment.
- Applicants must agree to sponsor their client within 90 days of signing an agreement.
- Applicants must possess a sufficient mentor-to-client ratio of 1:2.
- Applicants must agree to allow Rupertsland Institute to meet with the direct mentor/supervisor of the client.
Why Participate in the Apprenticeship Service Program?
The Apprenticeship Service Program has been created to help organizations in Alberta expand their talent pool with ambitious and educated apprentices, who in turn are looking to gain hands-on experience in their trade. In addition, there are several benefits to joining the program including:
- Receiving financial incentives of $10,000 for each sponsored apprentice (maximum of two apprentices per fiscal year).
- Working with Rupertsland helps employers tap into a growing network of ready-to-work apprentices who self-identify as Indigenous (Métis, First Nations, Inuit) and/or women (gender).
- Applicants have access to inclusivity training material and resources to help create a safe and positive environment for Indigenous (Métis, First Nations, Inuit) and/or women (gender) apprentices.
How to Apply
To apply as an employer in the Apprenticeship Service Program, please fill out this form (also available below) and email it to email@example.com.
Read the FAQ
Have questions? Read the FAQs or please contact us.